Monday, May 28, 2007

Pumkin Pancakes

You can use canned or fresh pumpkin for these. I actually found this recipe online a couple years ago, they even suggested for Halloween, sprinkling on that orange-colored sugar, how fun is that?
~
PUMPKIN PANCAKES*
~
2 cups flour*
2 tbs granulated sugar *
4 tsp baking powder*
1 tsp salt*
1 tsp cinnamon *
1 1/2 cups milk *
1 cup pumpkin puree *
4 eggs -- separated *
1/4 cup melted butter
~
Sift together dry ingredients. Combine milk, egg yolks, butter and pumpkin puree. Stir into dry ingredients until just blended. Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into batter. Pour onto hot, oiled griddle, about 1/3 cup at a time. Cook until tops bubble and turn and cook other side.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I just happened upon your blog and am I glad I did! Thanks for sharing all these great recipes. I can't wait to try them!