Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Mimo's Red and Green Popcorn Balls

Pink and green popcorn balls, with Mimo's recipe!
~
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 C. butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 qts. popped popcorn (about 1/2 cup unpopped)
1/3 C light corn syrup
1 C. granulated sugar
1/3 C. water
Food coloring. My kids like pink (red die) and green.
~
Pop the popcorn and set aside in a large greased bowl.Put sugar, corn syrup, butter, water, and salt in a medium saucepan.Place pan over medium heat and stir constantly until mixture comes to a boil.Stop stirring and let syrup cook until it reaches 270 degrees F. on a candy thermometer. (Or until hard ball stage, see my carmel recipe for checking ball stages.)Remove pan from heat and stir in vanilla.Pour over popcorn, stirring constantly until popcorn is all coated. Let it cool slightly. Grease hands and form balls.Makes 12 medium popcorn balls.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want not agree on it. I assume nice post. Especially the title attracted me to read the sound story.

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.